Presidents Message: 2017 Finals
August 1, 2017 - Hi Everyone
Rain Rain please come Rain!!! With that being on everyone’s wish list right now - miracles happen so let’s hope we get a bad ass rain - just for a week though. Sheesh as they say never can keep a barrel racer happy!!!!
The Board met Saturday morning and we discussed options from numerous requests from members and we thoroughly dissected each idea and so I am happy to report the following. I apologize now to those that won’t be able to work with our following announcements and I am happy for you that are EXCITED about the Board’s decisions!!!!
Tim Rolph, the President of Williams Lake Stampede Grounds, was very thankful that we are still going ahead with the finals and indicated that it will surely help with the economy.
Please remember the following changes are only applicable to this year’s 2017 finals
1) Date/Location Confirmed: Friday September 29 Saturday, September 30 & Sunday October 1, 2017
2) Buy-In available, but not able to run for AVERAGE (prizes/$$)- for those that purchased their 2017 membership but then did not get all races in can now buy-in for a fee of $20 per category/horse (Open Senior Junior) $10 for Pee Wee.
3) Buy-In same as above but don’t have a 2017 membership, can now purchase in addition to above buy-in rule can get a 2017 membership. The reason for this is people did not buy a 2017 membership knowing finals were on a weekend that they could not attend but now with date being changed they can attend so we decided for this year only the board will allow this membership buy-in. No Average (prizes/$$) will be considered for this group.
Must purchase your 2017 membership for finals if you are a Buy-in and if you are attending races now and want them to count towards 2018 season you must purchase a 2018 membership now.
4) Refunds for those who have already paid their finals entry fees and now will not be able to attend will be honored. If they brought in a Sponsor from a business no refund. $50 sponsorships will be honored
Refund request to: email@example.com
5) Dates to enter finals - to be announced watch the website
If you have further questions please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding – I know we can’t please everyone. The Membership selected this Board of Directors to handle BCBRA’s direction and handle adversity when it arises so we have tried our best with the above announcements.
BOD: Kelli, Chantelle, Joyce, Abby, Cindy, Karen, Bridget, Melisa, Francis, Sandy, Deb, Juanita, Chelsea, Shelly, Dennis, Kathleen
July 26, 2017 - Tentative Date for 2017 BCBRA Finals in Williams Lake will
be September 29, 30 & Oct 1, 2017
The Board has discussed ideas such as dates, change of location and for the following reasons we have decided to stay in Williams Lake:.
- We have a very strong support from the City of Williams Lake
- Many sponsors come from the Williams Lake and area, the town I am sure
could use the economic returns that they get from our finals since the
wildfires have caused a lot of financial distress.
- There would also be a substantial amount of travel time added to the members coming from the north.
Williams Lake Stampede Association is 99% sure the above dates are available but because the office girl is not in the office to get her scheduling book we can’t say the above is 100% confirmed.
When we know, we will let you know.
If anyone has questions or would like to share any ideas my email is email@example.com and I will pass on to the board and discuss.
July 18, 2017 - Dear BCBRA Membership,
The Board would like to let the members know our thoughts are with you all and your families who are experiencing extreme challenges and loss at this time.
We are all praying for rain so that at least everyone can return to their homes and back to jobs. Because of the Evacuation Order in Williams Lake and so many others evacuated, the Board feels that it would be impossible to follow through with our Finals on the August long weekend. We are announcing that the Finals will be postponed until further notice and will be in discussion with Williams Lake Stampede grounds to secure a date later in August or September.
We will be keeping all members up to date on the www.bcbra.com when we have more details for a new date. We understand that some who are entered now may not attend the new date therefore we will accommodate accordingly.
Again, the BCBRA Boards' thoughts are with you all.
- Refunds – Once a new date has been chosen, the option for full refunds will be offered to those members that cannot attend.
- New Entries – When the new date is announced, entries will open up for one week to allow those that could not attend Aug 4-6 to now enter the new dates. (no late fee)
- Late Fees that have been paid towards the Aug 4-6 date will be refunded.
We are excited to announce that the 2017 and 2018 BCBRA Finals will be held in Williams Lake!!
2017 - Sept 29, 30 & Oct 1
(Entries will open Aug. 28-Sep. 15)
2018 - August 2, 3 & 4
Hope to see everyone there!!