March 15, 2020 - Added Money Awarded Carried Forward to 2021!!
Updated April 2021 - Notes of Interest
Attention Race Producers! as of April 2021
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic the BCBRA Board of Directors has suspended the rule relating to order of go at races to allow Producers the flexibility to structure races suitably, such as allowing members from different age groups to run in the same time slots if time slots are used, to maintain compliance with the Provincial Health Orders and recommendations.
In order to ensure that carry-over of times is still correctly performed within the time slots, Open runs should be before Junior or Senior.
If you have any questions please contact your Area Director or any member of the Board.
The BCBRA is closely monitoring the news from the BC Center for Disease Control, Public Health Canada, and local health authorities as everyone works to minimize the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- It is mandatory to show proof of membership at all BCBRA jackpots
- Failure to produce your membership card will result in having to pay the $5 non-member insurance fee
- Additional Horse Membership: $30 (Open, Junior, Senior), $15 (Peewee) payable on finals entry form only
- Missing/lost attendance cards replacement fee increased to $50
- It is to up to the race Producer's discretion for peewee split for payout at jackpots
About The BCBRA
- Founded in 1969
- Non profit society, run by a board of 13 directors
- In 1991 - 93 members to 2018 - 525 members!!
- Promoting the sport of barrel racing by facilitating jackpot 4D barrel racing events that offer options to every family member from all levels of knowledge, skill and financial background
- Youngest member in 2018 was 3, and the oldest 75
- In 2018, awarded approximately $110,000 in prize money and awards
- 421 entries at the 2018 finals !!!! Highest to date !