BCBRA Sanctioning Update - June 2020
The BCBRA Board of Directors met virtually on May 25, 2020
to discuss the reopening of the sports and recreation sector in BC and how that
will affect race sanctioning.
At this time, the BCBRA has decided to continue refraining from sanctioning and/or co-sanctioning races until further notice.
There are many aspects of this issue that require additional information and guidance prior to making sanctioning available to producers once more. This topic will be revisited at the next Board meeting. We will continue to provide updates to our members as the situation develops.
In addition, we are currently researching options for holding our Annual General Meeting on a virtual platform and will distribute that information when available.
Thank you for your understanding in these unfamiliar times.
2020 Finals Announcement - April 23, 2020
The BCBRA Board of Directors met April 21, 2020 to discuss
the feasibility of hosting the 2020 BCBRA Finals due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The decision was unanimous to cancel the 2020 Finals.
While we are disappointed to make this decision we do feel it is in the best interest of our organization and members during these unprecedented times.
Several factors were discussed by the Directors in making the decision; group gathering size restrictions, physical distancing and other control protocols, travel restrictions, insurance, and financial considerations for members, sponsors and the BCBRA.
While we decided that this decision is the most fair and prudent, we also understand that the situation is continually changing. We will continue to monitor updates from the Provincial Government. If it becomes feasible to hold jackpot races in the coming months the BCBRA will consider re-opening race sanctioning. Race credits being earned toward 2021 Finals.
All current memberships will be carried over to 2021, along with any race credits earned thus far. You will automatically receive a new membership card, however you must retain 2020 card with any credits for submission with 2021 Finals entries.
Any Pee Wee or Junior members who are in their final year in that age category who have earned race credits will have those credits counted to their 2021 qualification category. They will need to pay the difference only from their 2020 membership category to the 2021 membership category.
All financial commitments made by the BCBRA to race producers will carry forward to 2021 for Added Money should the producer be unable to hold their 2020 race as planned.
We are researching options to hold our Annual General Meeting on a virtual platform and will distribute that information when available.
For any questions you may have on this announcement please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BCBRA Race Event Sanctioning April 2020
The BCBRA is closely monitoring the news from the BC Center for Disease Control, Public Health Canada, and local health authorities as everyone works to minimize the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic